Want to know how to stay fit and healthy?
Read the post to check out some hot tips!
Who on earth doesn’t want to stay healthy and have that hot, sultry figure?
Unfortunately, most of us either fail or tend to ignore the essential criteria for a long, fit and a healthy life.
The secrets to living a long and healthy life include making wise lifestyle choices such as good sleep, regular exercise, eating right and choosing nutrient-rich foods.
Want to stay fit? Use smaller plate, taller glass
If you downsize your snack intake, avoid distraction while dining, eat food in smaller plates and use taller glasses for water during meals, chances are that you can work towards a fitter body without trying too hard on food restriction, says an expert.
Sonia Narang, nutrition expert of Oriflame India, shares tips on how to prevent intake of excess calories without restricting food habits:
1. Downsize your snacks: As long as you’re eating satiety-inducing nutrients at every meal, you will reduce your urge for food between meals. It will help you stay fit and healthy.
2. Avoid distractions at the dinner: What you’re doing while you eat might be as important as what you’re eating. You are likely to consume much more food and eat for longer periods of time when you are distracted by music, television and other things. Eating while being distracted interrupts brain-to-stomach satiation signals, making it harder to monitor your food intake.
3. Savour the flavours: Resist the urge to unhinge your jaws and swallow it whole. Thoroughly chewing your food increases ‘oro-sensory factors’, which send satiation signals to your brain, helping you feel full on less food.
4. Spend time with friends, family: People often binge because they are lonely, frustrated or stressed. If you feel like you’re going to binge, find someone to talk to. Better meet them in person as it will help you to forget about food.
Image Credits: waysandsteps.com
5. Remove as many restrictions from your diet as possible: Enjoy your favourite foods in moderation throughout your diet to stop cravings from turning into binges.
6. Use smaller plates: A full plate sends the signal that you’re eating a full meal and a partially full plate looks like a skimpy meal, regardless of the actual quantity of food.
7. Use taller glasses: Just like less food looks like more food on a smaller plate, height makes things look larger than width, even when the volumes are the same.
8. Eat protein for breakfast: People love to hype breakfast eating as a miracle weight loss cure, but only breakfasts high in protein have been proven to suppress appetite and reduce subsequent eating throughout the day.
Also Read: Stay Fit without Gym
How to stay fit and healthy?
Saurabh Aggarwal, expert from fitness startup FITSO, suggests some brilliant tips to stay fit and healthy:
- Maintain a proper sleeping schedule, which for most people means seven to eight hours each night is important for fitness. Working out three to four times per week is a great way to start. Once you have your routine with you, stick to it and you will see the benefits. Three to four sessions of 20 to 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercises (run/jog/ride/walk) weekly is quite helpful to overall health.
- A healthy and balanced diet has ample vitamins, nutrients, and colour. And the easiest way to achieve this in your diet is through piling on the fruits and vegetables. In case of carbohydrate rich food items, include lean meat or white meat (without skin) in your meals. Prefer low-fat dairy products and avoid cheese, butter, heavy cream and yogurt. Use the suitable kind of oil like olive, and avoid frying or battering your food and making it spicy or too salty. The secret to living a healthy life is making wise lifestyle choices Click To Tweet
- Regular innovation in the fitness routine is also important in every four to six weeks to prevent a workout plateau. Also, seeking advice from health and fitness professionals can open doors you never knew existed.
- Running and cycling are the two activities which improve cardiovascular fitness, as well as decrease the risk of coronary heart disease. These activities also help in building strong bones, as it is a weight bearing exercise. Considered as best exercises to burn calories, these activities also help in relaxation and strengthening of the immune system.
- Prefer cardio interval training to lose extra weight fast. This will improve your metabolic process, burn extra fat, and take less time than other cardio workouts. Remember to warm up initially, and additionally cool down when you finish the exercise.
- Drinking ample amount of water regulates your metabolism and helps in losing weight. Further, warm or hot water can surprisingly help you lose extra kilos. It is also strictly advised to drink water only an hour after having your meals.
- If possible, walk/ride to your office at least once in a week and try using stairs wherever possible.
Follow these brilliant tips and get set to enjoy a healthy life!
Inputs from IANS