Our hair is a significant facet of our image. After all, who doesn’t want to have beautiful and gorgeous locks? But, there are certain factors such as stress, pollution and unhealthy lifestyle that can lead to hair loss. While there are numerous chemical treatments and products available in the market that promise stronger hair, why not try some natural ways to prevent hair fall? This post will decode ways on how to prevent hair loss naturally. So keep reading……
Do you shy away from brushing your hair?
Does the sight of a comb give you shivers?
If that is so, then you are not the only one facing the problem. There are many people who fret about hair loss. Even a gentle brushing causes nightmares to such people as they hate watching their precious strands felling everywhere. Hair breakage and involuntary loss happen due to many reasons. Your dietary habits and hair care regime has a great impact on the texture and look of your curls.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reasons for Hair Loss
- 2 Tips on how to prevent Hair Loss
- 3 10 Home Remedies for Hair Loss
Reasons for Hair Loss
Reasons for hair loss are many. It is entirely normal to lose 80-90 hair per day as it is generally replaced with new hair. There are many reasons for hair loss like
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excessive Smoking
- Environmental effects
- Fungal infection of the scalp
- Poor diet
- Child birth
- Iron Deficiency
- Side effects of some medicines
So, how to prevent hair loss? It can be prevented with natural home remedies and a healthy lifestyle.
Tips on how to prevent Hair Loss
How to prevent hair loss naturally? While hair fall is a universal problem that all of us are facing, here are some tips on how to prevent hair loss. These tips will help you to tackle this problem efficiently.
- Do not comb your hair when wet. The reason being, that wet hair is delicate, and if combed, it would only weaken the strands, and lead to hair fall.
- All of you must have heard about the golden rule of brushing your hair till the count of 100, before going to bed at night. But it may not be favorable for everyone. Brushing stimulates the blood flow in hair, but over-brushing has adverse effects. It not only damages your hair but also weakens the roots.
- The use of cosmetics also has an effect on the texture of your hair. Strong shampoos and conditioners can result in hair loss. They reduce the natural oils of hair and scalp, and the presence of strong chemicals cause harm to the delicate strands.
- A good exercise routine not only helps to keep your body fit, but also helps prevent hair loss.
- Do not use shampoo directly on your scalp. Take a small quantity, and add some water to it before applying.
- Harsh sunrays can damage your hair, so avoid over exposure.
- Dandruff also leads to the loss of your valuable locks. To get rid of dandruff, rinse your hair, using lemon juice with a liter of water.
- Your hairstyle can also be a reason for hair fall. Wearing tight hairstyles, such as ponytails or hair braids, can cause your hair to undergo too much stress.
- Excessive coloring will rob your hair of its natural texture. Therefore, be proud of your natural tresses.
- Keep stress away, as much as possible, as it is one of the main causes for hair loss.
- A healthy, balanced diet also helps to prevent hair fall.
Hence, you can see that there are many factors involved in having healthy and shiny hair. I hope these tips will help you manage your locks. Also, remember to get rid of stress from your life for shiny, bouncy hair.
10 Home Remedies for Hair Loss
Losing hair is one of the major reasons for losing self confidence! Our current lifestyle makes us even more prone to such problem.
Can’t afford expensive hair fall treatment?
Looking for ways on how to prevent hair loss?
Many readily available ingredients at home can be used to treat hair loss.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for hair loss.
1. Hot oil massage
Heat some oil and slowly massage your hair and scalp using your fingertips. It increases blood flow to the hair follicles, conditions the scalp, and enhances the strength of your hair’s roots. It also promotes relaxation and reduces stress. You can use hair oils like coconut or almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, amla oil, or others.
2. Onion juice
Onion juice is rich in sulfur content which helps in preventing hair loss. It improves circulation of blood to the hair follicles, renew hair follicles and reduce inflammation. Onion juice also has anti-bacterial properties which helps kill the germs that cause scalp infection leading to hair loss. Extract the juice of one onion by grating it and then strain it. Apply the juice directly onto the scalp. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off.
3. Beetroot juice
This is one of the best examples of the saying ‘Solution to almost all body related problems can be found in the kitchen’. Beetroot helps you to complete your nutritional deficiency that causes the hair fall. So include it in your diet. Beetroot juice contains carbohydrates, protein, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and vitamins B and C. All these nutrients are necessary for healthy hair growth. In addition to that, spinach juice, alfalfa juice, lettuce juice, or carrot juice will help keep your hair healthy.Another way to use beetroot is to grind a few beetroot leaves (boiled in water) along with henna and apply it on your scalp. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it out.
4. Green tea
Green tea strengthens hair follicles and stimulates hair production. It also enhances your metabolism which leads to increased rate of hair growth. Just condition your hair with green tea solution and notice the change!
5. Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
For natural and fast hair growth, you can use Indian gooseberry, also known as amla. It is rich in vitamin C, whose deficiency causes hair loss. The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and the exfoliating properties of Amla help maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth. Mix one tablespoon each of amla pulp and lemon juice and massage your scalp with it. Leave it overnight.
Fenugreek, popularly known as methi, is highly effective in treating hair loss. Its seeds contain hormone antecedents that increase hair growth and reconstruct hair follicles. They also contain proteins and nicotinic acid that stimulate hair growth. Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind them in the morning and apply the paste on your hair. Rinse it after 40 minutes.
7. Neem Leaves
Neem, known for its medicinal properties is an effective herb to treat hair loss. Boil and grind neem leaves to a paste and apply it to your scalp. Wash it off after 30 minutes. Repeat the process twice in a week.
8. Aloe vera
Aloe vera contains enzymes that directly promote healthy hair growth. Applying Aloe vera juice or gel on your scalp along with having one teaspoon of aloe vera on an empty stomach can stimulate healthy hair growth.
9. Chinese Hibiscus
The Chinese hibiscus flower has many natural properties that help in treating hair loss. It also promotes hair growth. It is used to cure dandruff, prevent split ends, thicken hair and prevent premature graying. To treat hair loss, add 10 Chinese Hibiscus flowers to two cups of coconut oil and heat until charred. Strain it and apply the oil on your hair at night. Wash it in the morning.
Flaxseeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that prevent hair loss and promote hair growth. To manage hair loss, consume one tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseeds with a glass of water daily in the morning. You can also add flaxseeds to your salads, soups, smoothies, and other dishes.
To prevent hair loss, try some of these natural remedies. Also, follow a proper diet to keep your hair healthy. Eat green vegetables and fresh fruits as much as possible. if you have more suggestions on how to prevent hair loss do share with us in the comments section.