All of you are aware about the power of scent. A particular perfume reminds you of someone – your boyfriend or girlfriend or your mother. The smell of your favourite restaurant reminds you of your first date. But do you know that there are some scents that can improve your health and cure many health problems. Essential oils can prevent hair loss, help you relax, improve your skin etc – the benefits of essential oils are much more than just a pleasant smell.
Essential oils maintain a healthy mind and body. Each essential oil has a unique function with unbelievable properties that can cure your everyday ailments.Essential oils maintain a healthy mind and body. Click To Tweet
“Essential oils can have a healing effect mentally, physically, and emotionally,” said Brianna Scarpelli, a marketer and expert on essential oils with Young Living Essential Oils. “You can apply them directly onto your skin, inhaling, or use through a diffuser.”
Theoretically speaking, essential oils aren’t oils at all. This is because they lack fatty acids. They are highly concentrated plant components. Do you know that it can take a huge amount of a plant to get out even a small portion of essential oil. For instance, 4,000 pounds of Bulgarian roses are required to get just one pound of oil. That’s the reason most of the essential oils are quiet expensive.
Health Benefits of Essential Oils
Here is a string of some essential oils that can help you cure your health problems.
1. Curry leaf oil – Are you having gastrointestinal issues? Take a drop of curry leaf oil and mix it with butter milk or juice and take it every morning to ease the problem. The other benefits of this oil include preventing hair loss, premature greying and thus maintaining the hair’s natural colour.
2. Avocado cold-pressed oil – One of the major benefits of essential oils is regenerative and moisturising property. Avocado cold-pressed oil is the best for dehydrated and sun damaged skin. It has humectant properties that prevent skin drying.
3. Turmeric oil – This essential oil contains anti-inflammatory compounds and thus provides respite from joint pain and arthritis. Turmeric oil contains ar-turmerone, a compound that supports the liver and keeps it healthy. Apart from that it also helps in curing skin ulcers.
4. Frankincense oil – The Frankincense oil is carminative (an agent that prevents or relieves flatulence). It prevents gas to build up in the body. Other benefits of this essential oil include relief from sweating, uneasiness and indigestion. If applied topically or inhaled, this oil can make scars and boils fade away very quickly.
5. Fennel seed oil – Fennel seed oil provides relief from problem of indigestion, pain in abdomen, stomach and chest. It is also quite relieving for women undergoing premature menopause or obstructed menses by reducing the pain, dizziness and mood swings.
6. Petitgrain oil – Petitgrain oil gives all the benefits of an antiseptic and fights infection by preventing bacterial growth. This essential oil is anti-spasmodic in nature and thus provides relaxation in the tissues, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels. The relaxing provided by this oil helps in overcoming depression and other problems such as anxiety, stress, anger and fear.
7. Mogra oil – Mogra oil is beneficial at the mental and emotional level. It is outstanding for fighting stress and depression. It can help you boost your confidence and hence brings joy and happiness. It is also a brilliant aphrodisiac.
8. Cinnamon leaf oil – Cinnamon oil boosts the brain activity and helps in reducing nervous tension and memory loss.
9. Cedar wood oil – This essential oil tightens loose muscles and makes them fit and firm.
10. Carrot oil – Apply the carrot seed oil to cure all your skin infections and wounds. It contains the anti-oxidants that repair the damages done to your tissues.
11. Lavender oil – “Lavender is one of the most versatile oils,” Scarpelli said. “It is more commonly known for its relaxing effects but works on bruises, cuts, and skin irritation too.” It is believed that the scent of this essential oil reduces stress hormones in the blood. So if you want to relax at night, add a few drops of lavender oil in your bath.
12.Oregano oil – All of you must be aware of oregano oil as a flu fighter. Some of the other benefits of this essential oil are that it has antibacterial qualities and thus help to fight colds and other sicknesses.
So the benefits of essential oils are many. You can get rid of many of your daily ailments by using these!